Keto Friendly Electrolytes UK
When on the keto diet you tend to lose electrolytes and this loss can create a feeling of sluggishness which is sometimes refereed to as keto flu. We list a range of keto electrolytes that can help you stay hydrated when taken with a slightly higher than average water intake.
Buy your keto electrolytes below:
There are many benefits of taking a good electrolyte supplement on the keto diet. During the process of using ketones for fuel you shed key minerals and salts. This means you need to actively work to get more into your body and a great way to do this is with an electrolyte supplement that also tastes great.
Electrolytes are vital for the functioning of the body, they maintain the bodies pH level, help transmit nerve signals to the heart, muscles and nerve endings. Without electrolytes the body cant function as it would, the heart can beat abnormally, the cells will not hold enough water and the body can shut down.
Keto Electrolytes UK, are a great way to meet your minerals and salt needs if you’re on the keto diet or simply looking for a low carb energy drink. These are designed to replace lost electrolytes such as magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium when on the keto diet.
Should I drink electrolytes on keto?
When you enter into Ketosis as you would on the keto diet within 2-3 days the insulin levels reduce due to the lack of carbohydrates the kidneys start to excrete water, sodium and potassium. Therefore replenishing fluids and these electrolytes is vital on the keto diet.
Are low electrolytes causing keto flu?
Keto flu is caused by a number of reasons, the body changing from glycogen as an energy source to ketones as well as the loss of vital electrolytes. Taking electrolytes have anecdotally been shown to reduce the feelings of keto flu.
Electrolyte Powder Keto
As some people find that they will need to drink more water when on Keto, buying a Electrolyte powder that is keto friendly may be better than capsules. The reason for this is the zero sugar but sweetened Electrolyte powder Keto friendly of course helps them drink more as it makes the water taste great. There are a number of Electrolyte powders you can drink on keto and they tend to be cheaper to buy in bulk than capsules. If you do not mind the mineral flavour of Electrolyte powder then consider this option especially if you plan to be on keto for the longer term.
One of the most important electrolytes is potassium. It helps control your blood pressure and heart rate and assists your body in maintaining a normal fluid balance. This keto electrolyte drink mix has a blend of three types of high-quality salts that replenish the vital nutrients that are often lost on low-carb diets. The magnesium and calcium in this supplement also help with sleep and muscle cramping, reduces anxiety, and relaxes the arteries, which will improve circulation throughout your body. Mix up a serving of our keto electrolytes in water for a refreshing drink that’ll leave you feeling healthy and energetic.
Electrolyte Powder UK
Electrolyte powder UK is a selection of the best electrolyte powder that you can purchase in UK. If you are suffering from cramps and dehydration while running, cycling and doing other exercise, using electrolyte powder will help solve that problem and help you get improved performance.
Electrolyte Powder is a powerful rehydration drink normally contained in sports drinks and electrolyte based products. Electrolytes work to help your body retain water (thirst quenching) and as mentioned above contribute to muscle health. One of the reasons people may develop cramps when playing sport or working out is that their body has lost too much fluid or become dehydrated, this can lead to fatigue, headaches and muscle cramping. Electrolyte Powder will not only help you avoid these issues but also replenish key electrolytes for muscle function if you get a little too excited and push yourself that little too hard.
Electrolyte powder is a sports drink mix which contains salt and other minerals. Electrolytes are important in helping the body to absorb water by carrying water through your system. The electrolytes are typically magnesium, calcium, potassium and sodium. Electrolyte powder for keto contains all these 4 ingredients separately. On a keto diet, you’ll be eating loads of fats, a moderate amount of protein and very few carbohydrates. For each gram of carbohydrate your body will burn around 2-4 grams of water from carbohydrate stores, so this is why it is important to ensure you’re replenishing your body’s water stores by consuming lots of salty foods such as pickles.
Electrolytes are important in the body and on ketosis; losing electrolytes can cause problems with headaches, muscle cramps, fatigue, sugars cravings. If you’re going to enter a ketogenic diet or if you’re in ketosis it’s important to get these key electrolytes for the body.
Electrolyte powder is
What can cause low electrolytes in the body on Keto?
Low electrolytes can be caused by too much fluid intake, diarrhea, vomiting, not enough fluids, taking medications such as diuretics and not in taking enough minerals in the diet.
We all know we should drink plenty of water but are we aware that to do so can dilute the minerals in the body. The key types of electrolytes needed for the body to perform optimally on keto are:
Calcium Ca – Calcium is required for teeth, in fact 99% of the bodies calcium is found in the teeth. But the other 1% if vital for blood clotting, heart health and to regulate cell function.
Chloride cl – Chloride deficiency shows little to no symptoms until extremely low so it is vital to ensure you are getting enough chloride in the diet.
Find the best Keto Electrolytes in the UK, the best selling has got to be Electrolytes Plus Tablets by MyProtein.
Magnesium Mg – Magnesium is found mainly in the bones but is also vital for optimal enzyme reactions.
Potassium K – Potassium works with sodium to regulate the bodies water balance and also works with calcium to regulate nerve and muscle function.
Sodium Na – Low sodium can cause a number of serious heath issues such as confusion, epileptic seizures, kidney failure and heart failure.
Phosphorus PO4 – Around 85% of the bodies phosphorus is found in the bones with the remaining 15% in the cells. Vital for bone and teeth health, muscle contraction and energy storage.
Being on the keto diet means your body excretes more of these vital electrolytes than normal and without replenishing them your body will scavenge for replacements.
You bones are used as an alternative source of electrolytes if your body isnt getting enough on the keto diet, imaging that! One of the biggest causes of brittle bones is electrolyte deficiency.
What are Keto Friendly Electrolytes?
Keto electrolytes are sometimes called keto friendly electrolytes as they contain either zero or extremely low levels of carbohydrates but contain the vital electrolyte salts and minerals needed to keep the body in optimum vitality.
Keto Friendly Electrolytes are a blend of electrolyte powders aimed at those on the keto diet, these blends of electrolyte powders have no added sugar or carbs to make them keto friendly. Keto Friendly Electrolytes are made from real ingredients, unlike some products on the market, and also contain no artificial sweeteners.
The reason Keto friendly electrolyte powders contain no carbs are because that is part of the keto diet, Keto friendly electrolyte powders are to replace the electrolytes which you lose through excess urination on the keto diet.
Electrolytes are essential minerals that helps keep your heart healthy, contract your muscles and maintain fluid balance in your body. A low carb diet can be hard to follow and keto friendly electrolyte can be a big help.
Electrolytes are often mixed with simple and complex carbohydrates that are aimed at the athlete who likes the combination of fuel and electrolytes. These card rich electrolytes such as gels are unsuitable for those on the keto diet, therefore we have listed electrolytes that are check to ensure they are keto friendly.
Are Keto Electrolytes vital keto?
There’s been a lot of buzz recently surrounding keto and electrolytes. In fact, I have yet to see a keto group that doesn’t ask about this on daily basis. So how important are keto electrolytes and do they even exist? We’ll take a look at what electrolytes are, why they’re vital keto, how to restore after long periods of ketosis and top tips to improve your electrolyte balance.
Yes, keto electrolytes can help keep you on track and avoid unwanted interruptions in the ketogenic diet. Ketones, also known as ketone bodies, are produced by the liver during periods of low carbohydrate intake and high fat intake. And these are the fats that will be important to you while following a ketogenic diet.
Keto friendly electrolytes are certainly helpful for getting through ketosis but they are not vital if you are ensuring you get all of the electrolytes from food. This being said keto electrolytes are a simple and easy way ensuring you get all of the vital electrolytes you need in a simple easy to take supplement. Electrolytes help avoid keto flu and muscle cramps, therefore for us they are vital.
This post contains affiliate links – We fund our hosting with these, thank you for your understanding