Pork scratchings are literally one of the best keto snacks out there. If you get plain salted pork scratchings AKA pork Crackling you have a high fat super low carb and medium protein snack that is almost made for the keto diet.
Pork scratchings may have started as beer snack but the fact they are made from pork rind/pork skin they are full of collagen and really help you improve your own skins look and feel as well as help your guy health.
Keto Pork Scratching – a great collagen source
To get the most out of the collagen in pork scratching’s its always good to ensure you are getting enough vitamin c, a vitamin that is often missing from the keto diet. Supplementing with 1000mg of vitamin c a day will help your body use the collagen in pork scratching’s to its fullest.
Lets not forget that keto pork scratching’s are tasty, filling and a great replacement for crisps.
Pork Scratchings AKA Pork Crackling
- Pork Crackling is the low carb alternative to other salty snacks, benefitting from fewer carbohydrates and a high content of protein. A 28g serving contains nine times the protein and less fat than a serving of crisps.
- Fifty-nine percent of the fat is unsaturated with most of that as oleic acid, the same healthy fat found in olive oil.
- The high protein in pork crackling satisfies your snack craving because cracking has a high satiation effect.
- In addition they don’t contain any sugar, so pork rinds won’t raise your blood sugar like sweets, crisps, flour and carb based snacks do.
If you are looking for different flavor pork rinds then you came to the right place! We currently have 14 different flavors of pork rinds!! Our Newest flavor is Cinnamon & Splenda pork rind. Great Low Carb Snack! We are a small family owned Company, that has been selling pork rinds online for about 2 years. There are a lot of people out there that is on the Atkins Low Carb diet and only eat pork rinds as snacks. You can get burned out pretty quick just eating plain or BBQ pork rinds! They make a Great Low Carb Snack! Click Here or on the pork rinds link to the left to view all the flavors!
What are Pork Scratchings?
Pork scratchings are the skin and the layer of fat under the skin that have been fried and served either hot or cold. They are salted and sometimes flavoured to create an amazing fatty collagen rich snack. Pork Scratchings come from the hard working towns of the back country in the UK.
The Black Country is names as it was an industrial area of Britain that used coal as its main source of energy, and the furnaces covered everything in the dust and ash. The towns covered in this black ash was called the back country, and the hard working people of these towns kept pigs for food and waste management.
Keto Pork Crunch UK
If you’re on the keto diet, or are thinking about starting it, you know that pork is a great source of protein. But sometimes it can be hard to find recipes that fit into your diet. This recipe for Keto Pork Crunch is perfect for when you’re looking for something a little different. The pork is coated in a crispy coating and then baked until it’s nice and crunchy. It’s a great way to get your pork fix while sticking to your diet.
Pork Crunch for Keto – Is it a good keto snack?
Is pork crunch a good keto snack? That’s a question many people ask when they’re trying to stick to the ketogenic diet. After all, pork crunch is high in fat and low in carbs, which are two of the key tenets of the keto diet.
Pork crunch is also a good source of protein, another important nutrient for those on the keto diet. And because it’s high in fat, pork crunch can help you feel fuller longer, which can be helpful if you’re trying to lose weight on the keto diet.
So if you’re looking for a tasty, high-fat, low-carb snack that will help you stick to your keto diet goals, pork crunch may be just what you need.
Pork crunch is a delicious and easy keto recipe.
What is pork crunch?
Pork crunch is a popular dish in many cultures, and it is made by cooking pork in a variety of ways. The most common method is to fry the pork in a pan with some oil, but other methods include grilling, baking, and boiling. Pork crunch is usually served with a dipping sauce or gravy, and it can be eaten as a main course or as a side dish.
How to make pork crunch that is keto friendly
Pork crunch is a delicious and easy to make keto friendly dish. To make pork crunch, first cook the pork in a pan until it is browned. Then remove the pork from the pan and add some olive oil to the pan. Next, add some onions and garlic to the pan and cook until they are softened. Finally, add the pork back to the pan and stir in some seasonings of your choice. Cook for another minute or two and then serve. Enjoy!
The benefits of pork crunch on keto
Pork crunch is a great low-carb, high-fat option for those on the keto diet. Not only is it a delicious way to get your daily dose of protein, but it also provides a good amount of healthy fats and essential nutrients. Plus, it’s an easy and convenient way to add more variety to your keto diet.
Here are some of the main benefits of pork crunch on keto:
- It’s a great source of healthy fats. Pork crunch is a good source of healthy fats, which are an important part of the keto diet. Healthy fats help to keep you feeling full and satisfied after meals, and they also help to promote weight loss.
- It’s a good source of protein.
Why you should try pork crunch if you are on keto
If you are on the keto diet and are looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy pork, then you should definitely try pork crunch. Pork crunch is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional pork that is sure to satisfy your cravings. Here are just a few reasons why you should try pork crunch if you are on keto:
- It is a great source of protein. Pork crunch is a great source of protein, which is essential for those on the keto diet. Protein helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, so you won’t be tempted to cheat on your diet.
- It is low in carbs. Pork crunch is also low in carbs, which is another important consideration for those on the keto diet. Most keto dieters are very strict about their carb intake, so it is important to have products that fit the guidelines.
- It is a tasty option for lunch or dinner. Pork crunch is a great alternative to other protein sources like chicken, beef, and fish. It is a tasty option for lunch or dinner, as it can be mixed in with many different types of dishes.
- It is very convenient. Pork crunch comes in a bag that you simply put in the microwave to heat it up.
History of Pork Scratchings
Money was tight and food scarce and not one part of the pig was thrown away, the skin was made into the delicious snacks called pork scratchings. Born from hard work and scarcity, these high fat, high energy were the perfect snacks after a hard day at the factory to eat while winding down with a beer in front of the fire.
The scratching of the pork scratching comes from the fact that there was often hair left on the skin when fried and this pig hair scratched the back of the throat as you swallowed. Hard snacks for hard workers, and not for the faint hearted.
Therefore there is a certain irony that today they sell pork scratchings in fancy pubs in London, sold with fancy flavours by the half pint at over the top London prices. These hairless versions of the working mans snack may seem tame, but to be honest we all like more of the pork and less of the scratching. The collagen in the pork skin is sold in beauty powders at enlarged prices, so you know that under the soot and dust of those hard working faces must have been a wrinkle free face below thanks to all that collagen being eaten in the Black country, parts of the pig that the fancy people used to throw away and now pay huge prices for to be pumped into their skin.
This post contains affiliate links – We fund our hosting with these, thank you for your understanding